Saturday, June 20, 2009

They really are listening! (A blessing from Ethan)

Within the hustle and bustle of each hectic day, (and with a home-schooled four year old and twin one year olds, believe me they're all hectic!)
There are two main points that I strive to to instill in the heart of each one of my boys. At some point during each day, I try to get alone with each of them for just a second to say:
1. Jesus loves you.
and...
2. God has a special plan and purpose for your life.
Most of the time, this little bit of motherly wisdom is met with a look of "whatever, mom" as a boy wiggles away to find a matchbox or a dump truck to reek havoc with.
During our bedtime devotion this evening, however, I was reminded of just how important it is that I continue to strive never to forget to remind them of those two important truths.
We read John 1:3 "All things were made by Him, without Him was not anything made that was made." I went around the room asking: so Kaleb, who made the dogs and cats? Ian, who made the sky? etc.. etc.. Fully expecting that the twins (who at not quite 15 months have a pretty extensive vocabulary, but still do not talk very much) so I was expecting that they would not answer.
I got to Ethan, and asked: "Ethan, who made you?" He flashed me that same killer smile in the picture, and while grinning ear to ear, exclaimed "JESUS!" Loud, clear and with a certain confidence that told me that really knew. I mean, deep down in his heart KNEW that Jesus made him, and loves him.
If I have accomplished nothing else today, my heart has been truly blessed above measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment