Thursday, July 9, 2009

Big Bang my Foot!

Those of you who follow regularly will be pleased to note that this blogs lack of updates recently has not been due to a lack of life lessons, but rather due to a lack of quality time between my computer and I.
Tuesday was a day that forever burned even deeper into my mind and heart a fact that I have always believed.
This world has a creator. A designer capable of grandeur no human could conjure.
The day began with a trip to the zoo. Amidst all the chaos of keeping the fingers of my three little guys and their friends out of the reach of the animals mouth (a task much more difficult than one would believe) was a lesson in this great artist whom created our world. The intricate patterns of the giraffe and lynx are amazing! So many different animals, so many different colors, shapes and sizes! Each with his own purpose and plan. They did not 'just happen" to "evolve" that way: They were created unique and intentionally. My Father made them all!

Our next stop involved taking all five boys to McDonald's for lunch. Talk about an adventure! My mind went into panic overdrive, grasping desperately at any game I could think of to keep them all quiet and occupied while we awaited the food to arrive.
My fear, of course, was that we would disturb other diners. However, I was surprised once again (as I often am) by the amount of folks who find such joy in listening to the laughter of little boys. Several elderly people took time to smile and converse with them, no doubt reminiscing about the wonders of youthfulness. Youthful energy that brings joy to those who no longer have quite as much, something created (at least in part) for that very purpose.

The real lesson for me though came a bit later. The long drive home had lulled the children into a deep slumber, thus we took a bit of detour to allow them a few extra minutes.
I pulled the minivan into the parking lot of the little old country church where I gave my heart to the Lord so many years ago. Staring out at the three crosses where I had prayed so many times, my line of sight was drawn to the sky, where I became awestruck at the beauty of such a majestic creation. No picture could capture the infinite wisdom I was mesmerized by, feeling as though I were seeing into the very heart of God. It was as if I could reach out and grab a handful of clouds. Never had I saw a greener green in the fields, or a bluer blue in the sky. This did not happen by accident. What amazed me so much was the realization that the master of the universe who created all of this wonder, also created my heart. He knows me. Good, bad, or indifferent.
There is a burden on my heart these days that may not be spoken about freely. Giving it to the Lord at that spot made me realize that He already knows exactly what is in my heart, because He is the one who put it there! He has a plan and a purpose for me, just as He does for all of His glorious creation. PRAISE THE LORD!

The big bang theory? Evolution? If you ask me, its just a bunch of:





No comments:

Post a Comment