Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The king and I



Being an only child really wasn't all that bad. I was never forced to share all my toys, never had to split a happy meal, and of course, I had all of mom and dad's attention!

Watching my boys however, I witness relationships with varied emotions like I've never experienced. I see relationships with one another (as the three of them together, as "the twins" or each of the younger ones with their big brother) the shear depth of which amazes me.
Take for instances this little gem I had the pleasure of trying to understand just the other day.
It was hot and muggy out, just the perfect weather to sit out by the pool eating an ice pop. Ethan drops his on the ground (throws it actually) and walks away. Seeing this, Ian gladly picks it up. Now Ian has two ice pops, and is happily eating both his and his brothers'. Ethan suddenly realizes that Ian has his ice pop and burst into tears. I know it was his to begin with, so I tell Ian that we much share, as I hand Ethan back the pop he was originally enjoying. Ethan smiles down at the ice pop that is now in his hand, and immediately puts it back into Ian's mouth. He wanted to have control over what happened to his treat, but his love for his brother lead him to avoid depriving him of what had seen him enjoying so much!
Countless are such stories amongst the Lewis boys. They are best friends, worst enemies, and in all together through thick and thin. And I get to watch it all happen! Praise the Lord!



























No comments:

Post a Comment