Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pine Sol Poll answer revealed!

It was a humid summer weekday, years before the twins were even a glimmer in their daddy's eye. We had the pleasure of spending a couple of days visiting Grandma and Pop Pop Lewis in the peaceful little town of Warsaw VA.
Heping out a little, we had Grandma write us out a shopping list, and headed to the nearest Wal*Mart. How excited Kaleb was to pick out a brand new chew toy for Red, Pop Pop's friendly little beagle!
We returned to the house with all the groceries, and just enough time to get them put away and dinner started before Pop Pop was due to return from work. I realize that we've forgotten the chew toy in the car, and run out to get it, closing the door behind me to keep the air conditioned air inside.
As I return to the door, not 30seconds later, I hear the frantic screams of my beloved husband and Mother in law. They are panicked, and I know Kaleb is hurt, but cannot hear him making any noise.
The door is locked. I begin banging, pounding at the door and begging someone to open it, or at the very least "tell me what happened!"
While I'm sure it was less than a minute until David got to the door to let me in, it felt as if hours had passed. I didn't even take the time to ask what was wrong before I had the phone and had dialed 911.
Turns out, sweet young little Kaleb had seen the brand new bottle of pine sol on the table. Thinking it was apple juice, he opened the cap and took a big swig! Thankfully, he did not ingest much, and was no worse for the wear.
What a scary day for mom and day, though! He is still alive and well, suffering no adverse effects from the incident years later. It is for reasons like this that I can say, we are truly blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment